Updated July 2,2021
Table of contents:
- 2021 Most Popular Private Jets
- Checking Out the Options for the Best Business Jets
- Investigating the Best Private Jets for International Travel
- Popular Private Jets With the Most Luxurious Interiors
- How Do You Decide Which Private Jet is the Right One to Buy?
- Combining Speed and Luxury in a Private Jet
- Where Will You Go? Options for the Best Private Jet Trips
2021 is the year that many people are beginning to travel again after spending much of the previous year close to home. Whether you’re in the market for your own private jet or want to schedule a jet charter that makes your travels everything they could be, it pays to know a bit about the most popular private jets and what they have to offer. Here are some recommendations that are found courtesy of reputable sources like Forbes, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association, the BBC, and a number of business-related journals.
This Year’s Most Popular Private Jets
Whether seeking the right type of jet charter for your trip or planning to buy one of your own, there are some options that continue to maintain their popularity from one year to the next. Here are three that you want to seriously consider for your travel needs:
Bombardier Global 7500: With a length of 111 feet and a wingspan of 104 feet, it’s no wonder that this one remains popular from year to year. It’s easy to configure the interior if you’re looking to buy your own personal jet. You can even structure four different compartments if you like. The seating capacity tops out at 19, making it great for pleasure as well as business trips.
In terms of range, the Global 7500 offers 7,700 nautical miles (14,260 kilometres) and a fuel capacity of more than 51,500 pounds. Enjoy all the creature comforts, including streaming via a satellite connection,
Gulfstream G700: As a relatively new entry into the market, the G700 was introduced to the public during the autumn of 2019. In spite of the impact that COVID-19 had on all types of travel, it still managed to develop quite a reputation among enthusiasts. As such, it’s primed to be one of the top choices for business and pleasure travel in 2021.
You’ll find plenty to like with the G700. It offers space for up to 19 people to travel in comfort. All the typical amenities are found here, including streaming capability and comfortable seating for longer trips. With the ability to travel 7,500 nautical miles (13,890 kilometres) without refuelling, it’s great for going across the country or crossing the Atlantic. Interested in the fuel capacity? It’s an impressive 49,400 pounds.
Cessna Citation Latitude: First introduced into the world of private jets in 2015, the Citation Latitude quickly became one of the most popular options on the market. It remains so in 2021. It’s consistently ranked near the top of lists of private medium jets. A lot of that has to do with the excellent performance and the reasonably comfortable passenger accommodations.
The Citation Latitude has plenty of space for up to nine passengers. The 2,877 nautical mile (5328 kilometre) range is ideal for many types of pleasure as well as business trips. For those who tend to travel with smaller groups, this is a great option.
Checking Out the Options for the Best Business Jets
People sometimes think of jet charters and private jets as being the province of business professionals only. While that’s not the case, it is true that much of private travel is business related. It stands to reason that some private jets would attract those who are on the go for something other than personal reasons. Here are a few of business jets that are attracting a lot of attention this year:
Embraer Lineage 1000E: Ideal for longer trips and larger groups of travellers, the Lineage 1000E can comfortably accommodate up to 19 people. It’s possible to set up the interior with up to five different sections if needed. As an option for taking important clients on a special trip, bringing along a team to implement a new and important account, or even to take along everything that’s needed for a trade show exhibit, this is an option to consider.
The Lineage 1000E offers a distance of 4,600 nautical miles (8519 kilometres) as well as ease of configuration. The fuel capacity of 48,217 pounds makes the need for refuelling somewhat unlikely. One point to keep in mind is that the size of the jet (118 feet in length and a wingspan of 94 feet) could make landing in some smaller airports problematic. This is partially offset by the generally lower operational costs per hour in comparison to other private jets of the same size range.
Airbus ACJ 319/320 NEO: Similar in capacity, the NEO can accommodate up to 18 passengers. It too can be configured in various ways for those who are looking to buy. There’s options for including an office, a bedroom suite, a conference area, and even space for dining.
The flight range of 6,000 nautical miles (11,112 kilometres) makes it great for longer distance business travel. Thanks to the 123-foot length and the wingspan of 117 feet, the jet offers relatively quiet travel coupled with the ability to land in large and medium-sized airports.
Gulfstream G500: Similar to many business jets mentioned here, the G500 offers a seating capacity of up to 19. It’s one of the newer models on the market today and shows signs of being around for a long time. From higher quality Internet access to a reasonable amount to head and leg room, this is one to consider.
With the G500, you get to enjoy a range of 5,200 nautical miles (9630 kilometres) and a fuel capacity of 28,850 pounds. The state of the art flight control system makes navigation a breeze. Inside the 91-foot long jet, there’s plenty of natural light thanks to the 14 windows included in the design. That makes the G500 seem more expansive than it actually happens to be. Buyers will like the competitive pricing while those chartering flights will appreciate the range and the comfort.
Investigating the Best Private Jets for International Travel
With international travel for business or pleasure, the need for comfort as well as covering more distance is a must. Fortunately, there are private jets that can provide exactly what’s needed. Here are some that remain popular for the current year.
Gulfstream G650ER: There’s no doubt that this is one that will get you just about anywhere that you want to go. With a seating capacity of up to 19, you can travel as many as 7,560 nautical miles (14,000 kilometres) with ease. The cabin tends to be a little longer and higher than you may expect for a jet of this size. That helps to make it all the more comfortable.
If you’re buying, the options for layouts are impressive. It’s possible to include customized seating, areas for sleeping and eating, and even the latest in audio and video equipment for business or personal use. There’s also plenty of luggage capacity if you’re planning a long holiday or will remain abroad for business for some time.
Dassault Falcon 8X: Where would you like to go without having to stop for fuel? The Falcon 8X can get you from New York to Singapore with ease. The same for making a trip from Sao Paulo to Moscow or Beijing to London. That’s because it provides a range of 6,450 nautical miles (11,945 kilometres) that can allow you to cross the Atlantic with ease.
One of the great features found here is the tri-jet setup that includes the use of three engines. Given the lighter fuselage, you enjoy better speeds without sacrificing comfort. It’s considered to offer the quietest travel option for jets in the same class, something that may come as a surprise.
Boeing VIP Dreamliner: The Dreamliner has long been an option for international travel that shows up on many Top 10 lists. There are good reasons for that. One is the larger capacity. This private jet has room for up to 40 passengers. That’s important if you’re part of a larger group going away for business or pleasure. The fact that it can be arranged int private as well as common spaces makes it all the more practical.
In terms of range, the Dreamliner provides 8,100 nautical miles (15,000 kilometres) of travel without the need to refuel. You’ll find all of the features that make for comfortable travel, include spacious seating, plenty of head room, and all the amenities that make up to 17 hours of flight time enjoyable. While one of the more expensive options for private jets, there’s no doubt this one is worth it. Buyers who travel abroad often will appreciate what it has to offer, while those going on holiday ill enjoy the luxury as well as the comfort.
Popular Private Jets With the Most Luxurious Interiors
Luxury doesn’t necessarily require tons of space. It also doesn’t mean the price has to be as large as some people think. That’s good news for those who prefer to travel by private jet. Whether buying or arranging a jet charter, one of the following is sure to be one of your best options for 2021.
How Do You Decide Which Private Jet is the Right One to Buy?
Jet charters have already increased during the first half of 2021. The trend is likely to continue as travel becomes an option for more people. That’s led to more investors looking into the idea of purchasing private jets as a way to provide more charter flights. There are also those who plan on purchasing jets for their private use only.
With either approach, economics does enter into the picture. Factors like proven track records of retaining value, fuel efficiency, and durability as the years pass are all things to consider. Here are some suggestions that will help.
- Cessna jets are easily at the top of the list. They’re known to hold their value and even appreciate to some degree over time. In terms of upkeep, they rank among the best in private jets. Fuel efficiency also gives them an edge against some of the competition. You would do well to consider opting for a Cessna Citation Longitude if those attributes matter most.
- Gulfstream jets are also something to consider closely. In terms of range, fuel efficiency, and general comfort, they are hard to top. The fact that they are excellent options for mid-sized jets makes them more accommodating to many potential clients. Take a closer look at the Gulfstream G650ER and see what you think.
- Boeing private jets should always be an option. The reputation for quality runs deep, as does the fact that there are plenty of options to consider. For buyers who want something that provides ample space for larger parties, excellent range for international trips, and the best in luxury, taking a look at the Boeing 787-8 BBJ is a must.
Combining Speed and Luxury in a Private Jet
You want everything to be comfortable and of the highest quality. At the same time, you want to get there without any delays. It is possible to combine speed and luxury into a single private jet. Here are a few that you should consider in 2021 if that’s what matters most.
Dassault Falcon 900B: The choice of materials do nothing to decrease the sturdy design, but it does make the Falcon 900B lighter. Combine that with the efficient twin jet design and you have a winner in terms of speed.
Expect a top speed of 644 miles per hour. With a range of 4,600 nautical miles (8,520 kilometres), it’s possible to cover a lot of territory in a shorter time frame. In the meantime, enjoy cabins that are spacious, seats that are comfortable, and head room that makes the setting feel more like a comfortable room than a jet cabin.
Gulfstream G650: You already know quite a bit about what this one has to offer. What you may not know is that it can provide a speed up of to 704 mile per hour. With a range of 7,500 nautical miles (13,900 kilometres) it’s easy to get there in less time.
The fact that the cabin is roomy and everything is so comfortable also makes for a wonderful flight experience. Feel free to nap, enjoy a movie, or make use of the excellent Internet connectivity. The time will pass faster than you expected.
Bombardier Global 7500: Introduced at the end of 2018, The Global 7500 immediately became known as one of the faster options for private jets. With a top speed of 650 miles per hour, it definitely delivers in terms of getting you there faster. The range of 8,225 nautical miles (15,232 kilometres) makes it a great option for international travel. While in the air, make the most of leather interiors that have been described to be as smooth as butter, the beautiful colour schemes, and the sense if expansiveness that makes the cabin feel larger than it really is.
Where Will You Go? Options for the Best Private Jet Trips
After sticking close to home for over a year, it’s no wonder that so many people are making travel plans. From long weekends to planning vacations of a week or more, there will be plenty of charter and private flights taking during the second half of 2021. Where will people be going? Here are some destinations that would be ideal as travel restrictions continue to be lifted.
- Miami, Florida: As a jewel along Florida’s Atlantic coast, Miami is the place to be for many this summer and even into the autumn. Those who prefer to wait for times when tourists are less likely to be in abundance will find the weather and the options for entertainment are still plentiful into October and November. Assuming that the hurricane season is light this year, you can easily soak up plenty of sun, find nightlife that is to every taste, and in general enjoy being out and about again.
- Rome, Italy: For those who are hoping to make it away for something more traditional, there’s no doubt that Rome is the place to go. From ancient ruins to some of the most exciting entertainment venues to food that is among the best, there’s plenty to see and do. Couple your charter flight with renting a villa that’s just outside the city and you can truly enjoy a vacation that’s restful, comfortable, and sure to shake off the effects of 2020.
- Paris, France: Another traditional destination for many tourists, Paris is for more than lovers. There’s art, cuisine, historical sites, and excellent nightlife options to provide all the distractions that one desires. Stay in classic hotels or opt for bed and breakfast accommodations in many parts of the city. Make sure that you get in at least one wine-tasting event during your stay.
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Just about any area of Hawaii is worth considering for your trip. There’s plenty to see and do, including cultural events that help you appreciate the history of the Islands. Some of the world’s most beautiful beaches are found there, as well as some of the best surfing. Attend a luau, go to a club, and visit some of the volcanoes that are found on many of the islands.
- Ambergris Caye, Belize: This beautiful island off the cost of Belize provides the perfect tropical setting. The waters are beautiful, as are the beaches. Many will find the pace of living to be ideal when the goal is to rest and relax. When you do want to do something, it’s relatively easy to walk around and find plenty. Check for local festivals and celebrations, as they occur frequently. Don’t worry about feeling like an outside; residents in Belize and on Ambergris Caye are known to be among the friendliest in the world.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: if it’s entertainment you want, then Las Vegas is the way to go. As one of the cities that never sleeps, there’s more than opportunities to gamble. There are shows taking place just about any time of the day or night. After hitting the casinos, feel free to get some rest and then head out for some golf the following day. In terms of cuisine, you’ll find just about anything that one could imagine, often as low prices in the casinos.
Now is the time to consider the type of private jet you want to take and where you want to go. If you’re not sure of either just yet, don’t be concerned. There’s time to weigh all your options, settle on the jet that’s right for you, and decide on a destination that will help you forget about 2020 for at least a little while.